Pages

Gym Journal: January Review

Thursday, January 29, 2015




I don't know about you, but I cannot believe it's almost February already! In case you didn't read my post about setting smart goals at the gym, my 2015 goals were: 

Complete 30 minutes of toning exercises for my butt and arms each week
Run three times a week for thirty minutes
Complete a 5k by the end of summer
Complete a 10k by the end of the year
Eat at least three servings of fruits and vegetables each day

So how did I do? Well….I did okay. Okay-ish. I was doing great until I got double-barreled by a cold and Aunt Flo. That kept me out of the gym for a solid week. Plus, I went without my compression sleeves for about two weeks, and it really came back to bite me in the butt. I couldn't run for about ten days. It's also tough for me, because having a gym buddy is a great motivator for me (see my post about staying motivated to workout) and I don't have anyone in Tampa who is committed to the gym. Trevor will go if I drag him, but he's not one to make me get up off my butt and go. He hates the gym, shoe doesn't push me as much as I'd like. I go with my friend Diana sometimes, but our schedules don't overlap more than once or twice a week at most. 

One thing I have been doing pretty well at is counting calories. I use a fun little app called CARROThunger (more on my favorite workout apps in a future post). It really makes me more conscientious of what I'm eating! 

My Stats:
Miles run this month: 8.2 (never going without my compression sleeves again!)
Pounds lost this month: 3
Fastest mile: 12 minutes (gotta start somewhere, right?)

How was your January? Did you keep your fitness resolutions? Let me know in the comments below! 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.