Pages

Beauty Mark: My Every Day Make-Up Routine

Monday, February 9, 2015

My make-up bags, from Victoria's Secret and Vera Bradley, respectively.





My make-up routine is relatively simple. I generally take about ten minutes in the morning, maximum. I start by dabbing on Clinique All About Eyes under my eyes. I am naturally prone to dark circles and I've tried pretty much every eye cream on the market. I love the lightweight feel of this one. I let it set for about five minutes while I get dressed. 

Next, I put on Benefit Erase Paste. I use a concealer brush to make a triangle from the inner corner of my eye, to the tip of my nose, to the outer corner of my eye. 



Photo from Pinterest
I use Erase Paste in Fair, the lightest of the three available colors. Next, I use Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation. Again, I wear the lightest shade, 1.1, or fair. I blend it all-over, then follow up with Bare Minerals Original Foundation (when I need more coverage) or Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder (for a little less coverage). I then use the Smashbox Master Palette (no longer available) to sweep a bit of blush onto my cheeks and to fill in my eyebrows with a dark brown to give them a bit more definition.




Using the Urban Decay Naked3 Palette, I sweep Burnout over my eyelids and Nooner in my crease. Finally, I use Clinique Lash Building Primer and mascara. If I'm feeling a little extra fancy, I'll add a line of Marc Jacobs Precision Pen Waterproof Eyeliner, or Rimmel London Glam Eyes liquid liner. I find that the Marc Jacobs stays on longer, but I get more precision with the Rimmel, say for the fine point of a cat eye. I finish with a spritz of Urban Decay All Nighter (not pictured).

Here's an example of my everyday look from my Instagram:


  Hope you enjoyed reading about my make-up routine! What are your favorite products and brands?


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Great post, I've been searching for a new eyeliner and I'm definately going to try out Rimmel London glam eyes liquid liner!

    If you get the chance you should check out my blog (www.tenthousandpieces.blogspot.co.uk)

    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.