Pages

Life Lately

Monday, February 23, 2015


I just realized that it's been almost a solid two weeks since my last blog post. Things have been really hectic lately! That doesn't mean, though, that it's been all work and no play! The photo above is me and two of my best friends, Ashlee (far left), and Alicia (middle). I've known both of them since tenth grade, which was almost ten years ago (yikes!). 



We all got together to grab drinks before Ashlee and I went to the Ingrid Michaelson concert in Ponte Vedra. It's the first time the three of us have been together since college. My first dance with Trevor will be "The Way I Am," by Ingrid Michaelson. In case you can't tell by the photos above, we were first row. When "The Way I Am" came on, I yelled to Ingrid that it was my wedding song. She came over to congratulate me and look at my ring! It was totally surreal. 


In wedding news, Trevor and I booked our wedding venue! We are getting married at Lange Farm, which is about thirty minutes north of our apartment in Tampa. The owner's daughter goes to my school, so we were able to get a small discount, which was nice!



Our engagement party is coming up in two months (May 2), and prep is in full swing. Hand-lettered cards for my bridesmaids, above. 


In case this year hasn't been crazy enough already, my sister just had her first baby! We welcomed Aiden Indiana at 2:08pm on Monday, February 16. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and was measured at twenty inches long. 

Aiden, at about 20 hours old

Stephanie called me at about 8pm on Sunday night, saying she thought she was in labor, but didn't want me to leave yet, in case it was a false labor (she lives in Jacksonville). Four hours later, just after midnight, my mom called and said she had been admitted. On two hours sleep, I drove three hours to Jacksonville and got in around 3am. (Why she couldn't have had me drive while Starbucks was still open is beyond me. Oh well.) 

My little brother and nephew. Heart melters, the both of them. 

Besides all that, Trevor has been sick with mono and I've been in and out of the doctor's office as well. The stress of work + wedding + everyday responsibilities had me in a major writer's block, but I'm back now! Thanks for sticking with me!

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.