Pages

Beauty Mark: My Top Three Blackhead Busters

Thursday, March 5, 2015


I don't know about you, but I could spend hours in front of the mirror, obsessing over each and every blackhead I can possibly find. I am a committed exterminator of blackheads, discontent with even the smallest scattering across my nose (which, let's face it, we all have). 

I love to do face masks and mask-like products, so I thought I'd share my three favorites. 


Blackhead Buster #1: Mask of Magnaminty by Lush 
I'll be honest with you - this mask looks a little bit like something someone already ate. Still, I love this mask. Usually, I'll use it on my whole face, but sometimes I'll just concentrate on my T-Zone, a trouble area for me. It's a great deep cleanser, plus it has aduki beans to exfoliate when you wash it off. I try to use this mask once a week. It's well priced too! Only $24.95 for 11 ounces. 




Blackhead Buster #2:Luminizing Black Mask by Boscia 

This mask I also use sometimes on my whole face, sometimes on just my nose. I love this mask because it is a peel off and when you peel it off, you can see everything it sucked out of your pores (sorry, is that gross of me?). This mask is on the expensive side ($34 for 2.8 ounces), so I use it less often. 


(This is an old picture of me in my last - tiny - apartment)



Sorry, I don't have a super (un)flattering photo of me in my Biore nose strips. These work the same way as the Boscia mask, except they just go on your nose. The strip is papery. This is a great deep cleanser, but you have to make sure you really flatten it out along all the nooks and crannies of your nose. It can be hard to get in that little crease next to your nostrils, which is where I tend to get a lot of black heads, but where it does go, it really works well. Biore also has face strips available, for your forehead or chin. These are $7.99 for 14 strips at Target. 

Blackhead Buster #4: Clarifying Toner by Murad 
Murad is one of the few brands where I got a sample and then had to get the full size. Their products really help clear up my skin without drying it out. Using a daily toner is a good way to prevent blackheads, instead of getting rid of them after they form. I also recommend their moisturizer. 

Blackhead Buster #5: Chemical Peels
This isn't a product, but a procedure. I love getting peels done. The first time, I was little terrified. My mom somehow had given me the idea that all my skin would peel off, leaving me looking like a slab of raw beef. This is definitely not the case! A peel will take off the top one or two layers, revealing fresh, bright, and beautiful skin! Make sure you get these done by an aesthetician that you trust. Together, you can find a peel that's right for you. (Sometimes, Groupon has great deals on spa services, but make you sure look up the spa's reviews before testing it out! And remember - the number of reviews matters. I wouldn't trust a place that has a  100% rating but only two reviewers.)



So there you go! My top 5 blackhead eradicating tricks! 
What are your favorite skin products and procedures? Let me know in the comments! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.