Pages

21 Day Fix

Sunday, September 27, 2015



I've started a new diet, and I actually really like it. For the full program, go here. It's called the 21 Day Fix, and the idea - obviously - is to do it for three weeks, but I plan on sticking to a modified version at least until the wedding (8 months to go!). The plan also suggests thirty minutes of working out every day for the three weeks. If you buy the program (about $60), you get some workout DVDs. 


The "secret" behind the plan is the color-coded containers: 


Your calorie goal defines how many of each container you eat per day. 

This chart from supplementfix.com is a great cheat sheet: 


The real secret is the container sizes, but of course I have them broken down for you:

Green Container (Veggies): 8oz (1 1/4 cups)
Purple Container (Fruits): 8oz ( 1 1/4 cups)
Red Container (Protein): 6oz (3/4 cups)
Yellow Container (Carbs): 5oz (1/2 cup) 
Blue Container (Healthy Fats & Cheeses): 2.5oz (1/4 cup)
2 Orange Containers (Seeds & Dressings): 2oz (2 tablespoons)

My Crazy Good Life has a fun, printable list of what foods are allowed on the Fix. Spoiler alert - no sweets, but you can replace one Yellow (Carb) container with a "treat" up to 3x a week. 

The real trick, for me, is meal planning. I make mine on Google Drive, so I can access it anywhere. This is great for grocery shopping too! Here's an example day for me: 


Since spices are "free," I keep track of those to the side. My Crazy Good Life has a printable meal planner, if you prefer paper. 

I've only been doing this for a week, but I'll try to check in often! Let me know what successes you have, or if you have any questions! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.