Pages

101 in 10001 - 6 Month Check-Up (Oops!)

Tuesday, August 30, 2016


Guys, I cannot believe that I have completely faltered on this. A lot of the goals I had for myself have changed in different ways, or been put on hold for different reasons. One interesting thing I did not expect to learn from this experiment is how much I'm changing and how quickly. 





1. Pay off debt - Still working towards this! Schools loan, man
2. Make a budget and stick to it.
3. Start saving for a house down payment.
4. Establish an emergency savings account.
5. Negotiate a salary increase of at least $10k/year - In talks with my boss for another raise next month. 
6. Merge finances with Trevor. - This has not proved as easy as I expected! We're having issues adding me to his account. 
7. Improve credit score by at least 30 points. 
8. Add to 401k and Roth IRA.
9. Pay off wedding & honeymoon. 
10. Save $50 for every goal completed

If I'm being completely honest with you guys, I need to admit that financials are not my strong suit and the biggest source of stress for me! Although I know we could be doing better, I have to remind myself that a) Trevor is in school, b) I'm just at the beginning of my career and c) I'm getting better about being money-wise. Also, d) I have 2 more years to complete these goals. 


11. Update resume every six months. 
12. Update professional wardrobe with ten new pieces.
13. Improve Photoshop skills. 
14. Improve Illustrator skills. 
15. Improve web design skills. Not sure if there's a point I will feel like these are completed, but I'm making a conscious effort to learn as much as possible. 
16. Read 5 books on finance & career. 
17. Add at least one new product to Etsy each week. - (I've added 16 new products this year! 8/143)
18. Establish an Instagram accoutnt for my Etsy business. - Completed! @littleowllittlebear :) 
19. Blog at least twice a week. - (2 weeks/143) Not doing great, but I have a few posts lined up for the next few weeks! 
20. Make $250/month on Etsy.

So, let's talk about Etsy. I actually shut down my shop about two months ago. I was so busy with work, the wedding, and the move that I got completely overwhelmed. I'd like  to open a new shop soon, so stay tuned! 


21. Go on our honeymoon!
22. Visit a new state. 
23. Visit a new city.
24. Visit a new country. 
25. Visit a new continent. 
26. Go on a vacation somewhere snowy. 
27. Go on a vacation somewhere tropical. 
28. Go on a vacation somewhere unexpected. 
29. Go hiking. 
30. Make scrapbooks for each vacation. 
31. Drink tequila in Mexico. 
32. Eat street meat in NYC.
34. Eat key lime pie in Key West.
35. Visit friends/family in a  different state. 


36. Run a 5k.
37. Run a 10k. 
38. Achieve goal weight. 
39. Go on a Color Run.
40. Stop biting my nails. 
41. Hold a plank for 3 minutes.
42. Hold a plank for 5 minutes.
43. Eat 3 servings of fruits and veggies a day 
44. Eat dessert 3x/week or less
45. Visit Starbucks 2x/week or less
46. Walk at least 10,000 steps every day 
47. Try 5 new sports/activities.
48. Do the 21-Day Fix all the way through. 
49. Learn to French braid my own hair.
50. Try 10 new make-up looks. 


51. Read 100 new books. (6/100 - After YouNot That Kind Of GirlMadame BovaryYou, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Girl on the Train) 
52. Draw at least once a week. 
53. Paint at least once a week. 
54. Buy a sewing machine & learn how to use it. 
55. Organize craft room. 
56. Finish my Ultimate Wedding Planner printables. 
57. Practice Spanish.
58. Practice French. 
59. Learn a new language. 
60. Volunteer at a community theater. 
61. Watch a show. 
62. Go to a concert. 
63. Practice calligraphy & hand-lettering at least once a week. 
64. Make and display a piece of art.
65. Write everyday. 
66. Memorize 5 monologues from Shakespeare. 
67. Watch 50 movies I've never seen before. (2/50 - The Overnight, Reservoir Dogs) 
68. Learn 10 new recipes.
69. Practice ukulele at least once a week. 
70. Learn to use my DSLR better. 

I know I have read more books and seen more movies, I have to think back over the past six (oops) months and remember them all! 


71. Get married!
72. Buy a new coffee table.

73. Get a new tattoo.
74. Clean out my closet.  
75. Make a new friend.
76. Say "I love you," everyday.
77. Change my last name on all documents. - I might delete this goal! I have become unsure about changing my name now that we're actually married. 
78. Change my address on all documents.
79. Kiss under mistletoe.
80. Invest in Hunter rain boots.
81. Go on a date night every month. (2/34)
82. Send someone a surprise package.
83. Get a facial every 3 months.
84. Make scrapbook of the wedding.
85. Complete a 1-month No-Spending challenge.
86. Start & finish a book of crosswords.
87. Have my bachelorette party!
88. Sing karaoke (in public).
89. Dance on a bar.
90. Learn to make 10 new cocktails.
91. Kiss Trevor on New Year's Eve in 2016, 2017, and 2018. (1/3)
92. Compliment someone every day.
93. Donate blood.
94. Do the #100happydays challenge.
95. Try a juice cleanse.
96. Write my wedding vows.
97. Make a craft or a food for every holiday.
98. Finish all my crafts for the wedding.
99. Make a list of 101 things I have already accomplished.
100. Inspire someone to make their own 101 list.
101. Write a new 101 list.

Well, I'll admit that I've lost track of my progress on many of these. And some of them, I haven't made much progress on. BUT I am going to do something out of character for me, and not beat myself up about it! Growth, people. That's what this is all about anyways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.