Pages

Our Wedding - Getting Ready

Monday, August 15, 2016


 
All photos by Jake and Dannie Studio




I cannot believe my wedding day came (and went) so quickly! Getting ready was so easy and fun, thanks to our amazing make-up artist, Joan Allen. Joan was so organized and professional, it was so nice to have something taken off my plate!






Joan did my makeup, but my Maid of Honor, Carly, and I took turns doing the rest of the girls' hair. I chose to give the girls curly ponytails, in order to keep their hair off their necks in the Florida heat. 






My wedding accessories! I adored these blush pink heels from Badgley Mischka - check out their full line of evening shoes here. This belt from Francesca's was a great find - I looked at several bridal salons, and their belts were anywhere from $100-300! This belt was only $20 and added the perfect amount of sparkle to my stunning Truvelle dress! While the belt I wore is no longer available, here's a similar design.   




Finishing touches with my wonderful Maid of Honor, Carly! I honestly don't know what I would have done without her on my wedding day! She and my bridesmaid, Dixie, were with me every step of the day, all the way until the very end of the night! Also, Carly had her fiance run out to grab some white wine during the busy morning, which was a life (and sanity) saver! 








To finish my look, I wore a Kendra Scott bracelet and earrings, and added some roses to my hair. My mother-in-law, Donna, also gave me her late mother's diamond necklace to wear - it was the perfect final touch and it was so special to wear it! 





For Trevor's look, we wanted something casual. We chose a white button down with khaki pants and a blue-and-white striped bow tie from J. Crew. I handmade boutonnieres for Trevor and each of his groomsmen, but they lost the pins for them! Trevor found his shoes at Call it Spring, a favorite of ours. 












This ring box was such a special touch! We wanted something unique, preferably with a rustic feel to it. When I found this personalized wooden box, I ordered it immediately to surprise Trevor with. The top has our initials and the inside reads, "Forever & Always" - our promise to each other. 

*

Trust me, there are so many pictures from our wedding day, and I will share more soon, but this is definitely enough pictures for one post! (I hope you don't mind this very in-depth look into our wedding!) We actually just got back from our honeymoon and some other adventures, so I'll try to intersperse the wedding posts in between other posts so it doesn't get too overwhelming or dull. 

Have a great night! 













SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.