Pages

Our Wedding: The First Look

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Easily the best moment of our wedding day was the First Look. The moments leading up to it were so stressful - it had just begun pouring rain which meant rearranging the entire venue, I missed getting a photo of all my bridesmaids and I in the personalized getting-ready robes I had gifted them because of time constraints, and I was being inundated with people arriving early and coming to our cottage where my girls and I were changing and prepping. In my most Bridezilla moment of the day, I eventually ordered everyone to go into the reception venue, practically in tears, because I wanted the First Look to just be Trevor and me.



We had originally planned on doing our First Look on a small cobblestone bridge on the property grounds, but because of the rain, we moved to the stunning wrap-around porch of the Garden House, our reception venue. I'm honestly so happy we made the switch because the pictures came out beautifully! 







As soon as Trevor and I grabbed hands from either side of the corner, I felt immediately calm. It was a reminder of why I was going through all the stress of this day! When we saw each other for the first time, it truly did feel like a fairy tale moment - I know that's so cliche! 

I don't remember what we said to each other in those moments, I just remember the joy and excitement I felt. The rest of the day was a whirlwind, and I look back on the relative privacy of that moment fondly. It was one of the few times during the day when time wasn't flying by! 







Are you planning on doing a First Look at your wedding? If you're already married, did you do a First Look or not? It is definitely something I recommend, but I'd love to hear your take on it too! 

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Girl With a Faux Pearl Earring.
Blog design by Blogdessert.